59+1 random things you didn't know about me3:13:00 PM
I have been reading all the wonderfully personal posts from many blogger friends these last weeks about 59+1 things about themselves. This whole thing started from this wonderful blog Little Box of Luv and it has spread in our little Greek blogger community. Usually I don't share personal things on the net, I am an internet introvert in some ways. This time however I find I want to reach out and share some things about me cause I am weird that way!
So here goes nothing:
1. While writing this post's title, I kept thinking to myself, "no one cares babe"!!!
2. I am right handed.
3. I am not right in my mind.
4. My first memory is of the 1981 earthquake in Athens. I was 3 years old. I shouldn't remember this so that confirms number 3 of this list.
5. I have been crocheting and knitting and making jewelry since I was 6 years old.
6. I have a PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry which I completed in 3.5 years.
7. I am very proud of my PhD.
8. I worked 4 jobs during the time and it was the hardest thing I ever did in my life so far.
9. I gave birth naturally. I enjoyed it very much. It was NOT the hardest thing I ever went through.
10. I rely on my friends but I manage well on my own.
11. I was going to get married in Cyprus but he cheated on me. After that I was alone for 7 years.
12. Nick is the love of my life.
13. I hate to iron my clothes.
14. I love to read books.
15. I love to read e-books.
16. I have an implant tooth.
17. I used to wear braces.
18. My teeth are still crooked.
19. No, I don't have an obsession with teeth.
20. I enjoy de-cluttering more than Monica from Friends.
21. I adore dancing and have trained for many different kinds. I do hip-hop the best!
22. I used to go to the gym for 8 hours per week. That was during my 7-years-without-a-boyfriend time.
23. I miss being fit.
24. I can't eat rabbit.
25. I wish I could be a vegetarian.
26. Each time I have my hair cut, I hurt.
27. I don't like being lied to.
28. My first trip was in Italy with an exchange student program when I was 16 years old. I loved it! I stayed for almost a month and made great friends. I hated Venice due to the smell.
29. I love to travel with Nick. It's my favorite thing in the world!
30. After a very bad plane trip from Cyprus to Greece I am scared shitless of flying.
31. Whenever I need to travel by plane I get drunk before getting on the plane.
32. I have been warned not to cry so hard cause I scare the other passengers. On the plane. That is on the thin air. That it can crash in the hard earth AT ANY TIME! How can any one (which has a number 3 on their list) not cry about that?
33. I have also tried Lamaze breathing during flying. The girl next to me was sure I was going to give birth or something. I shit you not!
34. I love the opera.
35. If all the cats that have been through my life (and houses) were alive today I would be a crazy cat lady for sure!
36. My two favorite persons growing up was my maternal granpa Alekos and my granmas' (his wife) sister Kalliopi. I miss them so much it hurts.
37. I am super proud of my roots from Crete, Asia minor, Italy and Constantinople.
38. I lost my daughter's twin just before making it into the 12th week.
39. I love my dad more. Well kinda. Okay maybe not.
40. I am scared shitless that I will do something that will mess up my daughter.
41. I give thanks everyday for having Nick by my side.
42. I feel guilty for neglecting my cat these last two months.
43. I give thanks everyday for having Nick by my side. Yes I know I wrote it twice!
44. I don't use salt when I cook. Please refer to number 3 of the list.
45. The first thing I notice on a man is his fingers.
46. I love it when I can have long and nicely painted nails.
47. I snore.
48. When a room is not tidy I can't sleep at night. Please refer to number 3 of this list, again.
49. I need alone time every now and then.
50. I gave up smoking more than 6 years ago and haven't missed it a bit.
51. I gave up coffee a little over 4 years ago. I only miss it when I can't have tea.
52. I will never give up tea.
53. I am trying to give up sugar. It's not working.
54. I wasn't a morning person until I gave birth to one.
55. I cry the most when I read books.
56. I love ice cream all year long.
57. I have been known to cook well.
58. I want to breastfeed little miss till she's 2.
59. I am lost to the world when she smiles.
+1. I can't wait to be pregnant again!!!
Wow!!!! I can't believe I wrote this! It was a great experience you should try it yourself!!!!