Last week I got a custom order for a wedding in the UK. The bride wanted her bridesmaids to wear my coral hair bows so she asked me to make her four of them.
coral fabric hair bow
I love when I am able to sell my work for a wedding and I always go the extra mile to keep the (probably stressing out) bride as calm and relaxed as I can.
So I decided to make a special wrapping for the bows.
I used vegan leather in beige and my beloved sewing machine and made 4 small pouches for them!
It is very easy to make these small bags for yourself. Just follow the instructions below:
1. Cut a piece of vegan leather (or fabric if you prefer) in the dimensions you like to fit your present. I made mine almost 10cm x 6cm so the leather was 10cm x 14 cm big to be able to fold in the middle and allow a 1cm hem.
2. With your sewing machine make a hem of 1cm at both 10cm ends.
3. Stitch the sides together right sided facing.
4. Turn them inside out and poke out the edges.
5. For closure you make add a button but I like ribbon so I just make a hole with my punching tool and saw some ribbon and them made the ribbon into a bow!
6. That's it you are done!
I used a gold pen to write the names of the lucky bridesmaids in the pouches. Had I gotten more time I would have embroidered their names but I was pretty busy with other orders to do that.
I also used ivory tulle and some lavender buds and make tiny pouches that smell divine to put in each leather pouch.
You can make them really easy.
1. Cut a rectangle piece of tulle and add a tablespoon of lavender buds in the middle.
2. Bring the edges of the tulle together and twist them to form a small round pouch. It's kinda like a drawstring pouch but without the string.
3. Then take the tulle ends and cover the round end again twisting them to form the same shape.
4. Use a little thread in a pastel color and fasten the thing to hold. Make a bow with the thread and you are done!
I really hope she and her friends like the bows and the wrapping! And I hope you use my instructions to make something wonderful!